Reevaluate

 I had to cut back on my classes this week. I managed a week and a half but adding 3 classes in the midst of my mother's health issues and my landlord breathing down my neck and trying to adjust when i'm going to work it was all just overwhelming. I was keeping it together because in the back of my mind I could hear this voice say, "you chose to do this; you could have been perfectly fine where you were at." It's like I wasn't allowing myself to feel the stress that I was feeling. It all came to a head on Monday. i was out too Mexican with a friend and all I could sit there, and think was how much stuff I needed to be doing instead of spending time with my friend. I knew I had to make some changes. I knew I had to lighten my load somewhere and school was the least damaging to me. I couldn't really cut down at work because financially I wouldn't recover. I thought I was going to feel some crushing weight of disappointment but instead I feel relieved and also proud. I'm proud I didn't just up and drop completely out of school, I'm glad that I have learned school is not a race. They aren't gonna put some special note on my diploma that said "finished in a year and a half instead of two" the whole point is I finish. That's the biggest lesson that has come from taking so long to return to school, don't give up and don't wait too long before it's damaging to make changes. I think going forward I'm going to do no more than 4 classes and only do 4 if a majority of them are online.

Before I was able to feel too far down on myself 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realization.

Mommy Dearest.

Squalor