Musings.

 I've come back to blogging after a hiatus. I've been writing notes in my phone sometimes for therapy but the actual sit down and blog hasn't happened in some time. I haven't had access to my own computer and I find typing long things on the phone annoying. So here I am. 

I've been employed at the same job for over a year now. For the most part I absolutely love it. I work at a hotel in various departments. I've worked very hard to reach the level I am at. I've treated this job like I've never treated any other. I have called off one time in the entire year and that's when my Mom had a heart attack. I've been less than a half a dozen times, and only have faked sick to leave once. That's a huge step for me. And when I'm there, I WORK. I work my ass off. I don't take any short cuts, I don't skip things I have to do. I make sure I do what I have to do. I make myself always available, and am always willing to come in extra when I need to. This flexibility has seen me get a huge promotion. I was promoted to the kitchen manager position and then because I don't have attention to detail and am not a type a control clean freak I was moved back to front desk as the front desk manager. Now it seems like I will be doing 4 days front desk and one day in kitchen. I like the kitchen timeframe better than front desk I mean, who doesn't like getting off at noon for the entire day? But the front desk is where I belong. It's my place. It's where my strength in communication and guest services are great. I appreciate that my bosses recognize that and put me in a place where I can thrive. 

Speaking of bosses I work for two of the greatest ones I ever have. They are relatable and perfectly balance being friendly with also keeping their spot as bosses. You have no questions they are the boss but you also feel you can tell them about your day     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Realization.

Mommy Dearest.

Squalor