Squalor

As I try to release the ropes my mental illness has against me I’m opening up my mind that my way of living is a root cause of my symptoms. It’s like I’m playing a game of how disgusting can I live, what are the perimeters of how much gross I’m willing to accept. Currently I’m sleeping on a bare mattress, on the floor because of a broken bed frame, that everything I have smells like piss because I have this new thing of wetting My bed. I also think I have fleas. And yet there I lay feeling my self worth plummet with every breath. I look at things and be like “normal people have nice beds” normal people aren’t swarmed with flies or have to step over animal feces to get to the bathroom. I guess recognizing that these conditions aren’t normal and aren’t okay is a huge step. Now getting over the mental block of implementing change that’s a whole other ordeal. It’s like I’m stagnant when it comes to fixing things. Like maybe it’s a deserve ploy in my head. If I fix it do I deserve it? If I spent the $45 someone gives me on a bed frame and not Door Dash would that make it better? If I flipped over the mattress washed my sheets and blankets would that bring a semblance of normal? Why don’t I deserve that. It’s one thing to learn to love yourself, it’s another to treat yourself like you deserve to be treated. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stormy Sea

Slither

Mommy Dearest.